What if . . . ???
For those of us who are challenged with fibromyalgia and other chronic illness, we can feel like a victim to our circumstances. We might fight the illness and the symptoms and want them to go away. That is perfectly natural and normal.
Consider for a moment that there might be a higher possibility. What if having fibromyalgia or another chronic illness is a wake-up call. An opportunity to look beyond the illness to underlying factors contributing to the illness.
This doesn’t mean that we don’t want the symptoms to go away. It does mean that rather than only treating the physical symptom, we might need to look deeper to fully rebuild our health.
The Wake Up Call
There are many possibilities that your wake up call might be asking for. Here are a few examples:
- Empower yourself in a relationship that you have been giving your power to another person in an attempt to feel more loved or safe.
- Let go of childhood or societal conditioning to move into a more satisfying or empowered expression of your highest potential.
- Begin to love yourself more and take care of yourself rather than to give all your energy to others without taking time to rest and recharge.
- Take care of your body and provide it what it needs to heal and thrive.
- Heal traumas or emotional wounds that are festering inside and blocking your inner peace and fulfillment.
My wake up call:
In my case, fibromyalgia was a huge wake up call and sent me on a journey of personal and spiritual growth that has changed me completely from who I was before. I held onto a lot of repressed emotions and a lot of should’s and have to’s. I was a very weak person and would let people walk all over me. I was so desperate for love, that would stay in unhealthy relationships. I wasn’t living my truth or my full potential. Spirituality was an unknown word to me.
Today, I am a force to be reckoned with. I am strong. I own my power. I speak my truth. I have found that by loving myself, I don’t need love from outside, yet attract loving people into my life. I take great care of my body. I love the work that I do. I am content with myself and my life. I have goals that I am working toward, and yet am at peace with where I am at. My health is greatly improved.
I cringe when I think of what my life might have been like if I hadn’t broken out of the mold I was born into.
Are you ready?
If any of this resonates with you, then I congratulate you. I welcome you to this incredible journey of healing and evolution. I am here to support you in this journey.
Introspection for this week:
Take some time this week to ask within to get some ideas about what your wake up call is. Here are some questions you can contemplate:
- What is your inner self reaching for?
- What are your unfulfilled desires?
- What success have you had in moving forward?
- What is holding you back?
- What are the obstacles in your way?
- What support do you need?