Here is the funny thing about telling someone to breathe. The fact is that you are already breathing. How do I know this? Simple. If you weren’t breathing you would not be alive.
This sounds very simple, but I have had people tell me that they can’t breath. Yet, they are alive.
So today, we are going to acquaint you with your breath. Remind you that you are breathing. That your breath is part of who you are and a very important part of who you are.
4 minutes without breathing and you would be dead. That is how important the breath is to you.
So today, we are going to show our breath how much we appreciate it by watching it, being present with it. When the breath feels appreciated, it will naturally expand and grow. When the breath naturally grows with in you your body, mind, emotions, heart and body receive enhanced benefits and nourishment.
Notice how you feel at the beginning and then again at the end.
If you aren’t skilled at being present with and watching your breath, your mind will drift off into thinking. That is normal. When that happens, just notice and come back to watching the breath. Even if you need to do this many times, that is fine. The process of returning to the breath is healing and you are training yourself to focus . . . just like training a beloved puppy.
To prepare for the experience:
- Find a place where you will be undisturbed for the full time of the experience.
- You can do this sitting or lying down.
- Before turning on the recording, bring yourself into a comfortable sitting or lying position that you can stay in for 10-15 minutes.
- Take a few moments to allow your body to get comfortable; adjusting and moving as needed.
- Once the body is settled, let your eyes close.
- You can adjust and move your body anytime during this experience, if needed.
- As you proceed with this experience, always remember to listen to your body and never force your body to do anything that does not feel right. You are always in control.