The home practice suggestions for each module are designed to increase your awareness during the rest of your day. This will compliment the morning guided experience and the self inquiry questions to encourage you to get to know yourself.
Getting to know yourself is the most healing thing that you can do. Today, you will continue to get to know yourself with a focus on being more aware of your breath. Enjoy!
Each morning as soon as you wake up and/or at night just before you fall asleep:
- Listen to the 12-minute guided breath awareness recording.
- As you listen, bring your awareness to your breath, and watch the breath.
- Notice your breathing patterns.
During the day, practice being aware of your breath and your breathing patterns.
Here are some suggestions to increase your awareness.
1. Take some breathing breaks. Pause a few times during the day and focus on your breath. Just watch the breath for a few moments.
Tip: set an alarm on your phone or write “Breathe” on a piece of paper and hang it where you will see it.
2. Download and use the Guided Breathing Break recording during the day. This provides a guided experience of focusing on your breath for 2 minutes.
3. If you have an emotional upset or are triggered by something, notice what happens to your breath. Does it change?
4. During your day, as a bonus, listen to the Breath Awareness guided experience a second time.
5. Use Self Inquiry Questions to deepen your awareness and connection with your breath.